The Professor & Head of the Department in a teaching hospital is a senior-level academic and administrative position responsible for overseeing and managing the department's activities within the hospital and medical education institution. The individual in this role combines clinical expertise with academic excellence, leadership, and administrative skills.
- Develop and implement the department's academic vision, goals, and strategic plans in alignment with the institution's mission.
- Provide academic leadership and mentorship to faculty members, residents, and students within the department.
- Foster a culture of continuous learning, research, and innovation within the department.
- Collaborate with other department heads and faculty members to promote interdisciplinary education and research.
- Ensure the delivery of high-quality patient care within the department, adhering to ethical standards and best practices.
- Oversee and coordinate clinical activities, including patient scheduling, resource allocation, and quality improvement initiatives.
- Collaborate with other clinical departments to optimize patient care pathways and interdepartmental collaboration.
Teaching and Education:
- Develop and supervise the department's educational programs, including undergraduate and postgraduate medical education.
- Lead teaching activities, such as lectures, seminars, clinical rotations, and case discussions.
- Mentor and evaluate faculty members, residents, and students in their educational pursuits.
- Stay updated with advancements in medical education and incorporate innovative teaching methodologies into the curriculum.
Research and Scholarly Activities:
- Promote and support research initiatives within the department.
- Encourage faculty members, residents, and students to engage in research and scholarly activities.
- Seek external funding opportunities and collaborations for research projects.
- Publish research findings in reputable journals and present at conferences.
Administration and Management:
- Manage the department's budget, ensuring effective resource allocation and financial sustainability.
- Recruit, hire, and retain qualified faculty members and support staff.
- Conduct regular departmental meetings to facilitate communication and address concerns.
- Liaise with hospital administration and other departments to coordinate patient care, research, and educational activities.
Required Number of staffs: 1 (1 in each department)
Academic Qualification: Medical degree (MD or equivalent)
Minimum experience: 10+ Years of Experience
Work location: Manipal Teaching Hospital, Pokhara, Nepal
Working hours:8 Hrs
Salary Range: CTC 1,50,000/- and above per month (depend on the candidate)
- We Provide Subsidized 2 BHK flat to the faculty
- Pick & drop to the Hospital/Campus every day for office & for Lunch.
- Bus facility for Market two times in a week, there is no need to own vehicle, which reduces the cost of living
- Atmosphere is pleasant 365 days, there is no need of AC, this also reduces the cost of living the employees
- Once in a year Leave Travel Facility with family (cost is born by Institute from Home Town to Institute for both sides), as per Institute Policy
- 30 days paid leave in a year as per government rules apart from that there is 21 Holidays in a year, there is not cap on Loss of Pay Leave, if any professor wants to proceed on LOP that also may be discussed with HOD & facilitated
- Cost of travel at the time of joining is born by institute (from home town to Pokhara)